The Finest Luxury Ski Chalets
Ten years ago chalets with all ‘en-suite bathrooms’ were introduced to the market and considered as the new benchmark to define a property as one of the finest luxury ski chalets in the Alps. Soon after that the first chalets with hot tubs arrived on the scene and this became the new ‘tick box’ to identify a luxurious chalet. However, markets move and develop quickly – currently out of the 1,142 chalets on our books nearly 40% have hot tubs. In fact nearly 25% of the chalets we feature have both sauna AND hot tub! A decade ago we would never have predicted that.
Clearly things are moving on at a rapid pace with regards chalet development so I thought it would be fun to list some of the current crop of outstanding alpine properties and highlight their unique luxury offerings. Who knows – perhaps these fantastic chalet luxuries will become common place in another decade’s time?
Luxury Chalet Marco Polo, Val d’Isere
- Heated outdoor dining area with individually heated seats. Comfortable ‘al fresco’ dining under the stars!
- Magnificent spa complete with pool (decorated in gold leaf by the way), hot tub and steam room. The adjoining relaxation room has a bar, open fireplace, laser lights, smoke machine and music entertainment system. Is this the best private party venue in the Alps?
- The chalet’s spa manager offers treatments & massage services from 3.30pm to 8.00pm.
Luxury Chalet Himalaya, Val d’Isere
- Inside/outside Swimming pool which magically appears and fills with pre-heated water at the press of a button. Literally the floor of the room sinks away and the water floods in!
Luxury Chalet L’Hotse, Val d’Isere
- Indoor pool with projector screen wall – why not float around whilst watching your favourite movie?
Luxury Chalet Grande Corniche, Les Gets
- Your own chalet slide that transports guests from the 4th floor (the bar) right down to the lower ground floor (pool table and wine cellar).
- Sauna with massive 180 degree magnificent valley view.
- Baby grand piano – programmable of course (just in case you are not musically gifted).
Luxury Chalet Brames, Meribel
- The spa area (steam room, hot tub and yoga room) also comes complete with ice bath! I am sure some people will find that a fantastic experience but not sure who.
Luxury Chalet Dent Blanche, Verbier
- This property enters my list based on sheer size alone. Almost 1,000 square metres of luxurious living space for 16 pampered guests
- Cinema room and of course a spa with infinity pool, sauna, steam room and massage room.
Luxury Chalet Heinz Julen Loft, Zermatt
- Suspended dining table that can be raised or lowered to suit the occasion.
- Hot tub in the sitting room – why not? Robbie Williams did after all.
- Double height and panoramic floor to ceiling windows.
- Baby Grand piano.
Luxury Chalet Zermatt Peak, Zermatt
- Internal lift to all floors
- Why settle for one high definition cinema area when you can have three?
- The World’s sexiest chalet spa? Probably
- The World’s best chalet views? Most definitely
If you would like to discuss booking any of the wonderful 5 star luxury ski chalets above please do not hesitate to contact me by calling: +44 (0)20 7801 1089. However, we have many more like these on our website so please feel free to browse the Alpine Answers website and check out other properties like the ones above.
September 03, 2019
Stunning Alpine hotels in smaller resorts
April 10, 2019
When Is a luxury chalet really a luxury chalet?
February 11, 2019
The best skiing in Courchevel
November 23, 2018
Gourmet food chalets
November 01, 2018
Luxury chalets to make your friends jealous
November 11, 2013
Owner operated luxury ski chalets
July 26, 2013
Hello from the Alpine Luxury Chalets team
June 27, 2013
Luxury Ski Holidays Zermatt - A love Affair
October 23, 2012
The Finest Luxury Ski Chalets