Luxury Chalet Himalaya is a former monastery dating from the 17th century. It has 4 luxurious bedroom suites all of which have separate sleeping and relaxation areas and hand-made hardwood bespoke beds. There are two en-suite standard luxury suites and two grand suites in the chalet all with the same facilities. The grand suites are larger in floor space, occupying two levels instead of one, with a sitting room on the lower level and the bedroom on the upper floor. The bath and twin basins in each suite are hand-sculpted from individual slabs of marble, and the baths are of such impressive proportions that each is classified under French building rules as a swimming pool! They also boast a rain shower and convert into steam rooms easily seating up to 4 or more people.
Each suite gets even better with a fur or leather-covered day bed to lounge on, complete with built in sunken ice bucket and a stone-surround metal fireplace with real flames that can be modulated by remote control which adds to the sheer 'Bond' factor. All toiletries are organic and pillows, duvets and cushions are hypo-allergenic and natural, filled only with silk, organic buckwheat and silkworm extracts.
Inside this luxury chalet, original features such as the massive fireplace and the window stone seats (where monks would have sat and read till daylight faded) have been left intact but given the necessary modern twist - there is the movie screen which appears at the touch of a button; the invisible swimming pool which can pop up between the dining room and the cigar room; and 4 of the 5 fireplaces in this Chalet are remote-controlled. Every detail has been thought about, resulting in a chalet and experience that will blow you away.
For those valuing ski in/ski out opportunities Chalet Himalaya boasts a prime position in La Daille, accessible from numerous slopes, and just a few metres from the funicular and two main lifts taking you back up the mountain. Should you ever wish to leave the chalet, the buzzing centre of Val d'Isere is just a few minutes down the road.
There is also the option to extend Himalaya by an additional 2 suites, to accommodate larger groups of up to 12.
Val d'Isere is widely acclaimed to be one of the top resorts in the world, with one of the best snow records in Europe. Linked with neighbouring Tignes, there are over 300km of pistes, vast areas of off piste and skiing as high as 3,000m. Val d'Isere is home to some of the Alps most luxurious chalets, offering guests a truly 1st class service with gourmet food, indoor spas, hot tubs, and state of the art entertainment systems. Val d'Isere is also home to a bevy of luxurious 5 star hotels and gourmet restaurants such as the Michelin starred La Becca.
|To piste / lift||Ski-in / ski-out|
|To centre||More than 800 metres|
|Bathroom ratio||Fully ensuite|
|Childcare||No child care available|
|Travel options||No travel included|
- Swimming pool with swim jet (open from 9am to midnight).
- Sauna and steam room on demand at any time.
- TV and DVD.
- Chauffered in resort vehicle.
- Heated ski and boot room.
- Wine cellar.
- Room 1: twin/double with en-suite bath, shower and wc. Fireplace
- Room 2: twin/double with en-suite bath, shower and wc. Fireplace
- Room 3: twin/double with en-suite bath, shower and wc. Fireplace
- Room 4: twin/double with en-suite bath, shower and wc. Fireplace
- Rooms 3 & 4 split into two foors. Bathrooms on lower, beds on upper.
- All rooms have a TV and an ice box.
- 4 course dinner with carefully selected complimentary house wines (6 nights)
- Champage and canapés (6 evenings)
- Daily afternoon high tea with home-made savouries and patisseries
- Open bar with selection of spirits and a cocktail menu. Hot and soft drinks also available
- In resort chauffeured vehicle (08.00hrs - 01.00hrs)
- Daily house keeping and turn down service
- In resort concierge service including personal shopping and restaurant bookings
- Hot and cold breakfast on 7 mornings (optional breakfast in bed)
- Dedicated service from chalet staff including staff on overnight call duty
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel
Weekly per person
|Departure||Current Price||Saving||Standard Price||Beds||Flights|
|08 - 12 - 2019||Fully Booked|
|15 - 12 - 2019||£2,317 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|22 - 12 - 2019||£4,469 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|29 - 12 - 2019||£6,600 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|05 - 01 - 2020||£2,042 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|12 - 01 - 2020||£2,042 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|19 - 01 - 2020||£2,042 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|26 - 01 - 2020||£2,042 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|02 - 02 - 2020||£2,750 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|09 - 02 - 2020||£5,067 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|16 - 02 - 2020||£5,067 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|23 - 02 - 2020||£2,475 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|01 - 03 - 2020||£2,475 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|08 - 03 - 2020||£2,475 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|15 - 03 - 2020||£2,475 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|22 - 03 - 2020||£2,475 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|29 - 03 - 2020||£3,231 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|05 - 04 - 2020||£3,231 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|12 - 04 - 2020||£3,231 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
|19 - 04 - 2020||£3,231 pp||-||-||8||NO||Enquire Now|
Prices per person for 7 nights (based on two people sharing a bedroom). Please note the ‘flights’ column above shows the UK airports that may be used (subject to availability) when the property is booked as a ‘package’ (flights, transfers, and accommodation purchased as one ATOL protected bundle) as offered by the respective tour operator.
Prices and availability are subject to change. The price of your holiday can only be confirmed at time of booking. Bookings are subject to the relevant tour operator’s terms and conditions. Supplements for rooms, flights, transfers, last minute ticket delivery and other tour operator charges may apply. Please contact our team for a full price.
- Cable Car
- Chair lift
- Drag lift