The Backstage Chalet in Zermatt is one of the resort's premier chalets and another signature property from Heinz Julen, the celebrated local architect and interior designer that has done so much in recent years to put Zermatt squarely on the luxury chalet map. This design lead chalet has been created from an original 1940's chalet with great views of the iconic Matterhorn Mountain and is situated beside the river that flows through Zermatt. The centre of the resort is about 5 minutes walk away and the main Klein Matterhorn lift is less than 200 metres away.
The chalet has its own private entrance and internal lift that serves all floors apart from the very uppermost level. This top floor contains the impressive main living and dining area which is a light filled space owing to the large amounts of glass and high ceilings. Also on this upper floor are the unique 4 person hot tub and a small sauna. The hot tub can be raised through the roof so that it sits outside the chalet in the open air - the views as you might imagine are pretty spectacular.
The five principal guest bedrooms, each with TV, are found on the two floors below the main living area. Some of the bedrooms have balcony and one has a 3rd bed (suitable for a child) on a mezzanine level. On the lowest floor is a dedicated cinema room, a ski and boot room and also a further shower room.
Please note that the chalet can be booked on either a catered or self catered basis. Please call for details.
|To piste / lift||200 - 400 metres|
|To centre||400 - 800 metres|
|Bathroom ratio||Fully ensuite|
|Childcare||No child care available|
|Travel options||No travel included|
- TV (cable) and DVD player. Sonos system and MP3 player.
- Wood burning fireplace.
- Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Outdoor/indoor hot tub and sauna.
- Dedicated cinema room.
- Heated boot warmers and private ski locker.
- Second Floor:
- Room 1: double with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 2: double with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 3: double with en-suite shower and wc
- Third Floor:
- Room 4: double with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 5: double (extra bed on mezzanine). En-suite shower & wc
Weekly per person
|Departure||Current Price||Saving||Standard Price||Beds||Flights|
|05 - 12 - 2021||Fully Booked|
|12 - 12 - 2021||Fully Booked|
|19 - 12 - 2021||£3,008 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|23 - 12 - 2021||Fully Booked|
|02 - 01 - 2022||Fully Booked|
|09 - 01 - 2022||£3,049 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|16 - 01 - 2022||£3,049 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|23 - 01 - 2022||£3,049 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|30 - 01 - 2022||£3,049 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|06 - 02 - 2022||£3,496 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|13 - 02 - 2022||£4,472 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|20 - 02 - 2022||£3,252 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|27 - 02 - 2022||£3,252 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|06 - 03 - 2022||Fully Booked|
|13 - 03 - 2022||£3,008 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|20 - 03 - 2022||Fully Booked|
|27 - 03 - 2022||£3,008 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|03 - 04 - 2022||£3,008 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|10 - 04 - 2022||£3,455 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
|17 - 04 - 2022||£2,724 pp||-||-||11||NO||Enquire Now|
Prices per person for 7 nights (based on two people sharing a bedroom). Prices and availability are subject to change. The price of your holiday can only be confirmed at time of booking. Bookings are subject to the relevant accommodation provider’s terms and conditions. Supplements for rooms, flights, transfers and other services may apply. Please contact our team for a full price.
Included In The Price
- Bathrobes, slippers, toiletries and hairdryers in each bedroom
- Professional chef and hosting staff
- Concierge service prior to your arrival and during your stay
- Shuttle service to the chalet on arrival and from the chalet on your departure
- Welcome champagne reception and 'welcome basket' with fruits and chocolates
- Daily cleaning and housekeeping service. Midweek bed linen and towel change.
- Continental breakfast and afternoon tea with fresh pastries (7 days)
- 3 course delicious dinner with complimentary house wines, beers and soft drinks (6 nights)
- Complimentary access to the spa/wellness area of the Backstage Hotel (10 minutes walk away)
- Cable Car
- Chair lift
- Drag lift